Alkaline battery chargers (2023 Update)

And why would we test a poster named Larry, Moe, and Curly?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I don't think we can be bipartisan, on this one. As for me, I've recharged single use alkalines, for years.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It hardly seems worth it. After you recharge one for years, how long does it last?

Reply to
micky

LOL good one.

Like I said before, a dry cell (or any battery for that matter) will partially recover just by letting it sit for a while.

In addition to the chemical reaction running it's course...a dry cell will make a transition from "moist" to "dry".

If you poke holes in the side and soak it in salt water you actually can gain some charge...but you'd have to tape it up and still it would probably leak. Might be useful on Gilligan's Island though.

Reply to
philo

They never ran out of clothes. Someone must have been marooned there before they were.

Reply to
micky

That's good information, it's just at least 15 years out of date and alkaline batteries have changed since then. Not in their basic form but in many subtle ways to improve their performance. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

As the bus came to a stop, the woman got off the bus with a jerk.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Because we three have cited proof, unlike somebody in the newsgroups who keeps preaching a false prophecy fabricated by a pedophile and convicted con artist whose tale has never been shown to have any archeological proof, according to even its followers. I'm not saying it's crazier or less valid than other beliefs, just that its original prophet wasn't at all sincere, unlike the true believer bipolar or schizophrenic prophets of ancient times.

Reply to
larrymoencurly

Yes, but she disappointed me before the day was over.

Reply to
micky