Algaecide

How many pool owners use algaecide and do you have a favorite brand?
I don't have much of a problem but I'm thinking of using it during the warmest months.
Leslie's has:
http://www.lesliespool.com/leslies-algae-control-pool-chemical/leslies-algae-control.htm
I'd think a quart would last for 3 months.
In-ground, 10k, sand filter. Pebble-Tec finish.
On Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 12:53:54 PM UTC-4, gonjah wrote:

I've used it but rarely, only if there is a problem and it won't resolve with other methods. I've also used it to add to the pool in spring, before opening to prevent algae. Just bought a bottle of this, which I've used before and it worked:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dohenys-Super-Algaecide-Plus-40-Oz-Bottle-/331101885740?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d1735d52c
It's copper based, which I prefer. Pool here is vinyl liner, so I'm not worried about possible staining.