Alcohol abuse

A Drunk man is stopped by the Police around 1 am and is asked where he is going at this time of night.
The man replies, “I am going to a lecture on alcohol abuse and ill effects on my health.”
Officer : “Really?”
“Sounds interesting, who is giving that lecture at this time of night?”
Man replies, “My Wife!”
http://www.nuttynewstoday.com/2013/02/drunk-stopped-by-police/
Drunk on his hands and knees, under a street light at the corner. Cop stops by to ask if he's OK. Drunk is friendly, and cheerful. Says "I lost my wedding ring in the alley, and my wife will kill me if I come home without it."
Cop looks puzzled, and says "but you said you dropped it in the alley?"
Drunk replies "It's dark in the alley!"
A Drunk man is stopped by the Police around 1 am and is asked where he is going at this time of night.
The man replies, "I am going to a lecture on alcohol abuse and ill effects on my health."
Officer : "Really?"
"Sounds interesting, who is giving that lecture at this time of night?"
Man replies, "My Wife!"
http://www.nuttynewstoday.com/2013/02/drunk-stopped-by-police/

JHC, my boss came into work from lunch. She had too much to drink and was falling down drunk. Literally on the floor. I had to drive her home. It was a big inconvenience because she's a frigging drunk. She is an idiot.
You're looking for a new job, right?
JHC, my boss came into work from lunch. She had too much to drink and was falling down drunk. Literally on the floor. I had to drive her home. It was a big inconvenience because she's a frigging drunk. She is an idiot.
On Mar 1, 6:46 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Heads up. She may have had an extreme allergic reaction.
I learned about allergic reaction and alcohol the hard way. Years ago at an outdoor picnic, I had a single mug of draught beer. I noticed the air smelled VERY sweet and refreshing, but in combination with the small amount of alochol and some kind of allergic reaction to being outside, I could not negotiate a simple walk between picnic tables and went down hard. Since my wife was with me and knew I had not had sufficient amount to be drunk, she was as startled as I was. Not sure, but California tends to be a bit moldy I think due to the alkaline soil, perhaps mold was involved, don't know.
Then, again, she might have just been drunk.

I'm diabetic and am well aware of the risks of appearing drunk due to low blood glucose (due to excess theraputic insulin). Symptoms are stupor, slurred speech, lost large motor skills, staggering gait, etc.
I've never heard of an alcohol oder though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketoacidosis
A breath odor of acetone, can be confused for alcohol. Especially by non-medic personnel.

I'm diabetic and am well aware of the risks of appearing drunk due to low blood glucose (due to excess theraputic insulin). Symptoms are stupor, slurred speech, lost large motor skills, staggering gait, etc.
I've never heard of an alcohol oder though.

Unless he is thinking of the fruity odor and that is mistaken for some kind of wine.
On 3/2/2013 9:16 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

"Fruity odor" is what I was taught that might be sign of either etoh or diabetic coma....only time I experienced the smell was when the patient was on death's door...BS about 400 or BAL in the 40+ range :o)
On 3/1/2013 11:13 AM, Robert Macy wrote:

Sure doesn't sound like an allergic reaction, especially to mold. A mug of draft beer is plenty to make someone intoxicated, especially if not a regular drinker (tolerance) or on an empty stomach. The first time I tasted a mixed drink, at a college party, one sip made me dizzy...it was scary at the time because I was totally ignorant about alcohol use.