Alcoa XL55 Siding?

My husband and I spent about 3 hours last night listening to a sales pitch from a local company to use Alcoa's "XL 55" siding to re-side our house....for the "bargain" price of $31,000. Thinking that was a bit too high, we didn't go for it. By the end of the evening, we had him down to 20,800. We still didn't agree, thinking it was still abnormally high (1800 sq ft 2-story colonial).

The salesman did offer us the "Apples vs Apples" guarantee saying that if we could find someone else to do the job for less within 30 days of us signing up for the project, they would refund us the difference. But he'd told us earlier in the evening that they were the exclusive dealers for Alcoa in our area (Northern Virginia).

Checking Alcoa's website this morning, I don't see the product even listed on their website.

Was this some horrible kind of scam or does Alcoa only "release" some products to certain companies? Does Alcoa really only deal with exclusive dealers in areas?

The quote the man gave us was good for a year, so we aren't jumping at the bit, I'm just curious if A) Alcoa is as good as he says, B) we should actually expect to pay that much, C) where else can I look for high-quality siding.

Thanks in advance, Rachel

Reply to
Rachel

Heya Rachel,

Try a google search for "Alcoa XL55", you'll be amazed with the number of hits. Right off the bat I saw: Atlantic Home Solutions is the exclusive dealer for Alcoa's XL55 vinyl siding.

Reply to
Brian V

What do you expect , you get a " Salesman" in your house and get it good as you deserve.

Bottom line get bids

Reply to
m Ransley

Before you complete the deal, watch this movie about aluminum siding again.

Then, spend some time in your city looking for local contractors and get their bids for the same project.

There is an old man and his son in my neighborhood that does an excellent job on siding and charges a fraction of what you were quoted.

Reply to
PJx