Alarm System Contacts

Page 4 of 5

Go for it. That might even make you look dumber than you do now.

WTF are you on about??

Have you even read what you've written? Are you capable?
Hint: You agreed that the Catholic Church was a "nice little cult", "ranked right up there with Scientology", and "need(s) to have (its) tax-exempt status revoked".

Right. It's easily ignored. Those who refuse to ignore it have only themselves to blame. They're looking to be offended.

Right again. Worse, his signature is in the wrong place and makes a mess of the context. It has *nothing* to do with the content, rather form.
Stormin Mormon wrote:
1666 lines of ?
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yes, and King James.

Who?

Having trouble with comprehension?

No, who says it makes them un-Christian?

Nothing, as far as I'm concerned, however that was your position.
You commented on the thread of the LDS not being Christian with statements that I turned around as also applying to the RCC, to which you agreed. By indirection, you agreed that the RCC isn't Christian.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Er, no. It was the Church that decided what comprised the Bible in the first place; in other words, the early Church DEFINED what books would go into the official canon. The collection was first decided by Council of Laodicea in A.D. 363 and confirmed by subsequent conclaves.
The folks in these assemblies would take issue with the notion that they decided which writings would define the New Testament. Their position was that GOD decided which books and they were only His instrument in carrying out His will.
Nevertheless. . . .
G. Morgan wrote:

Most Christians harken to the dogma that the leader of the Church is God's agent on earth ("Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." Matt 18:18).
There are more Catholics in Mexico City today than Baptists who have ever lived.

That's odd... Mormons hold that they ARE Jewish - and they want all Jews to become Mormons.
HeyBub wrote:

That passage is not tied to a church leader. ------------------------- http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+18&version=NIV
Dealing With Sin in the Church
15 “If your brother or sister[b] sins,[c] go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’[d] 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[e] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[f] loosed in heaven.
19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” -------------------------
IMO, the only 'pure' Christianity left is the Orthodox Christians in Ethiopia. They were the only ones to escape the Roman, Papal, and King James' re-writes of history.

There are more Mexicans in TX that have ever lived in Mexico City.

First time I said it the two looked at each other, one turned back to me and said 'Okay, have a nice evening". The last 2 times I was a little rude and just said it, added a "good luck" and shut the door.
I feel sorry for them, many of them don't want to do it. I knew a "Mormon" (he was my beer-drinking buddy!). To please his father and for whatever else he was threatened with, he agreed to go be a missionary.
He was assigned to Bulgaria. He lasted about 3 months, got the shit beat out of him on a regular basis. Hey, but at least his Dad was happy to 'save face' in the eyes of the "church".
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Uh, sort of. The Catholic Church holds otherwise because it is the Church, as an institution, that alone has the ability and authority to interpret scripture. The non-Catholic tradition holds that the individual (guided by the Holy Spirit) has the authority to interpret scripture any damned way he pleases. Some of the latter hold with your view.

Uh, no. Judah was one of the tribes of the Israelites. It was the larger group that took on the name "Jew" (from the predominate tribe).
The Book of Mormon holds that early residents of the Americas are descended from the tribe of Joseph.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I know all about it, I had a friend who was brainwashed as a child. He told me more about your "church" than any of your door-to-door missionaries even know.
I know the "official" version, and the real deal.
I suspect you are not an 'elder', thus not privy to the financial goals of the corp.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

One more thing....
Is that all you have to say after I ripped your whole belief system apart?
On 5/31/2011 12:00 AM, G. Morgan wrote:

Gee, sounds just like the Catholic church....
Just sayin'.
(Personally, I think all organized religions are con jobs. But whatever it takes them to get through the night without screaming, I guess....) -- aem sends...

I guess I'm not the only one who made that connection. He's said that he doesn't believe the Catholic Church is Christian either.

Why all the angst about what others need "to get through the night without screaming"?

Cite that...

It's endemic. When pressed, most Christian denominations will claim theirs is the "true faith" and that others are virtually apostates because they have music in the church, have 11 sacraments instead of three, harken to a centralized authority, and what-not.
I think the attitudes between the Sunni and Shite Mohammadens is similar to that between the Baptists and the Catholics.
On the other hand, there couldn't be more differences between Reform Judaism and the Orthodox variety if you'd pulled dogma out of a hat. Yet each has no problem believing the other is Jewish.
Yep, religion is pretty weird.
HeyBub wrote:

That does not apply in this case. I think they all are nonsense. I can know God all by myself, and last time I checked He didn't need any money.