Al Bundy toilet?

Hi All! Is there a kit that transforms a low-flow (1.6 gallon/flush) toilet into an old-time regular 'super" Al Bundy toilet? 2/25/2007 2:14AM

Reply to
dgostl

No, it is not just the flush mechanism, but the design of both bowl and tank. The new 1.6 toilets work rather well though, not like the first bunch of designs. They also fill faster so in some cases, an extra hit on the handle is simple enough if you happen to have a large amount of solids to move out.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

you can now buy regular water wasters again:)

the internal openings of low flow toilets are smaller, which tends to cause the traffic jams:)

Reply to
hallerb

Check out Toto toilets - highly rated and they have larger passageways. The soft-close seat is a bonus.

RicodJour

Going on 6 months since we put one in. Not one occasion yet where it took more than one flush. Great design!

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Note power flushes can be NOISEY, sounding like aircraft at take off, wake the home.

A plain old water waster is the best if you ask me, all water is recycled anyway so its not really wasted.

higher flow helps keep sewer lines clean too

Reply to
hallerb

The ToTo, as suggested or the American Standard Champion. I installed the later in a bath with a twisty, poorly designed drain route. Even the old 'water waster' left paper behind with nearly every flush. The Champ will probably flush 'road apples' (horse crap, for the unfamiliar). I saw a vid clip online which showed it flushing 23 (?) golf balls. It is a little loud but I am nothing but satisfied. I'm about to install another in the office.

Reply to
C & E

I doubt there is any retrofit. One option is the old "flush once for liquids, flush twice for solids".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If its really old..........

Try raising the water level by adjusting the float.

IS THIS A NEW PROBLEM???

If its a recent one the bowl rim passages may be clogged.

easy test:)

Does the toliet flush fine if you use a bucket of water?

If so I have a easy cheap 15 minute fix:)

Reply to
hallerb

I replaced 2 old style toilets with American Standard low-flows and had flush problems with both. I then noticed that replacement flapper valves are specified for low-flow or standard toilets. I replaced the low-flow flappers with standard ones and it vastly improved the flush problem. Still not quite like the old toilets, but much better than out-of-the box, and a pretty cheap fix.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

In my case I replaced a "standard' with the Toto because of poor flushing.

I don't get your 'all water is recycled'. Unlessf you mean that in the sense of going all the way to the ocean and then returning as rain or ,in rural systems, into the drain system and back into the ground... Very little water is recycled in the meaning of being used like fresh water.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K