air vent for steam cast iron radiatiors

to clarify my previous post, I'm looking for an online source to purchase air vent to let air out of a cast iron radiator. these air vents are silver in color and screw into the cast iron radiators. I have two radiators that are completly ice cold. I presume they are air-locked since all the other radiators are working correctly.

Reply to
john wilson

I'm sure you've googled this eh? terms: home radiator valve chrome

Reply to
chickenwing

Online OMG is Google broke again!!!, go find a store and get Gorton or Dole there are vent ranges from 1-10. Gorton uses a-b-c-d etc rating, Dole is apx 5, and has adjustable vents, then there ae cheap chinese junk at apx number 2 etc etc, or you can try soaking them in vinegar and blowing througth them. Or get a Vari Vent real open and arjustable. Mains and return vents go bad too. To see if its the rad vent remove vent and see if steam comes out , close with rad valve. Online? there are so many different vents and sizes, Get a Dole adjustable if you are the owner, as renters open them up, then the windows.

Reply to
m Ransley

Plenty of them on eBay too....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

I noticed that when i did a quick search who woulda thunk and they bring them to your front door. Interesting.

Reply to
chickenwing

Laughing out loud!

I'd add "shipping" to find places that sell them,

and "steam" too, although I guess you have chrome for that.

mm