Air tool dust cover for inlet?

I've recently accumulated a few used or cheap air tools and have cobbed protective covers for their air inlets from pieces of tubing.
But I just bought a Porter Cable framing nailer & it came with a handy dust cover-
http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/images/parts/portercable/884443.jpg
[The Porter Cable SKU is 884443 ]
I was going to order a half dozen from toolpartsdirect. I winced a bit at $1.40 each - but when it was going to be $9.00 to ship them I decided there had to be a better plan.
I can't seem to find them anywhere else. Is there a common name for them that I am unfamiliar with?
[also- since I'm looking- how about the female connectors? I've been using a male connector plugged with caulk to protect them- is there a better method? I'm plagued with some tiny mud dauber wasps in my garage so I need to keep all little round holes secure at all times.]
thanks Jim

Golf tees work just fine. HTH
Joe
ya, 'till they break off when you throw them in the drawer.

just don't worry about it. Throw 'em in the drawer and forget it.

Try a caulk tube sock or a strip of duct tape.
http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/nozzle_socks.jpg
-- Oren

Thanks all-- I like the bic pen caps and the 'nozzle socks' ideas. [I suspect I'd break golf tees off- unless there are rubber ones out there]
[Steve- note the end of my post. I have mud daubers in my garage & they find things in drawers and fill them. I must cover all little holes.]
Amazon has the nozzle socks under 'nozzle cap' - (Amazon.com product link shortened) $7.98 for 35--- but they want $7.28 shipping to NY- so screw 'em.
Guess I'll go buy some pens. [With coupling in hand, btw- I've got about 100 pens within my reach here at my chair. Maybe a dozen have caps. . . not one fits.<g>]
Thanks Jim
Jim,
Here's another possibility: go to www.mcmaster.com and search on "cap plugs". They have several products that might do the job.

Smacking myself. Mcmaster is usually my first stop. I didn't like their "cap plugs' - but then I tried 'nozzle caps'.
7526A11 Looks like the same 'Little red caps' that sell for $8 on Amazon.
$4.75 at Mcmaster and I'm guessing their shipping will be less than $5. [I'm not even going to ask them- I've dealt with them enough to not worry. I'll post it when I get their invoice.
Oh crap-- after placing that order I found these- 5248K36 "Quick-Disconnect Hose Coupling Cap & Plug" Exactly what I've been looking for.
$8 for 5- I'll let you know how they work.
Thanks Eric, for waking me up.
Jim [BTW- mcmaster.com plug follows; I ordered the second type- then thought I should combine orders so I wasn't paying too much for shipping. I hate the phone, but I called the number. Got a real person- Jessica- on the second ring. No voice mail. no crap. Took less than 2 minutes and Jessica combined the orders. Life is good- and so is mcmaster.com.]

They arrived today- 25 hours aint bad, I'm about 300 miles from them.
Shipping was $4.75. I like the little red caps for quick covers for a variety of things. [they go on and off like little condoms- are reusable and look fairly durable.]
The 'Coupling cap and plug' is a good permanent solution, though. There is a retainer that keeps them attached to the tool or hose when the tool is being used. Look real durable.
Again- thanks all for your thoughts. Jim

The youngest don't get it. Read the fine print. I've posted, before - condoms are pre tested! Yawn.. -- Oren
on 10/1/2007 1:32 PM Jim Elbrecht said the following:

All my air tools are stored with the air hose adapter attached, whether male or female. If you do the same, go to the store and buy a pack of BIC ball point pens (the cheap stick ones with no mechanical parts). Take the black caps off and use them. They are a pressure fit on the air adapters.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY