Air Lifting

Page 3 of 3

You mentioned several things in your original post, seemingly interchangable. Airlift: http://www.quantumlynx.com/water/back/vol2no2/v22_st5.html Venturi: http://www.keidel.com/mech/wellpumps.htm#shallow
My prediction is that the 'airlift' method will not work, and that the venturi method *may* move some water all the way to the top, but will not give you a nice stream, but rather a spray of tiny droplets (think "airbrush").
Which method do you plan on using?

Neither. As I said, one poster brought out that the water will become contaminated with compressor oil, making it useless. So I got a pump that will do 40' of head.
I will still play with the venturi concept and see how it works. Last night, I had the idea of simply inserting a trocar into a garden hose to get the desired configuration and effect. The water would be injected under pressure with the tip pointed up.
Now, to find a trocar, or might have to make one.
STeve