air leak test question

Hello, I have a 2600 sq ft four level split home. I had a representative from energuide do a household energy efficient rating on our home. ... He shut up the entire house and then installed a series of fans in the doorway and did a "negative pressure test" to find any air leaks...Among a few of the recomendations he gave me was to seal my wall receptacles using this foam thing I put behind the cover plates to reduce outside air from travelling into the house on the outside walls... My question is should I have to do the basement? The wall is like under the ground so I can't see sealing these wall plugs and switches will do anything... Thoughts? Thank you.... Jim

Reply to
Jim

Hi, I did it long tie ago at my cabin. Since they don't cost much I did all over the place, unpstairs, downstairs, basement. Nowadays they wrap the box with plastic envelope to cut off air infiltration.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

It's a good idea to seal all of them. Making dead air spaces is what you want.

Reply to
Phisherman

You had an energy guide guy actually in your home, saw the construction of your home, and did actual tests. Now you have a question, and you are asking a bunch of anonymous screen names with computers? That doesn't make sense. I'd call the energy guy's office and ask them.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon