air leak in dual pane window -- how to replace

i have double hung windows. lower pane (double pane) has lead and thus condensation.
they are just simple wood windows.. sliding up/down on a plastic/vinyl track.
how do i get the window out of the frame, find a new pane, and replace? looks like window is just "stuck" into the wood frame
Hi,
Those can be hell. You have to dig out the old adhesive and clean it up real good before putting the new glass in. Make sure you do not get cut.
candice
Does the whole thing come out? If so take it to the glass supplier and they may take care of the whole thing for you. You will have from a few hours to a could of days with a plastic or plywood window. Some will some will not, but it is worth a try. They have the experience and tools to do it a lot easier and faster than you can. They may even get the whole job done while you wait.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
i "played" a bit more today and found I can "release" the window. by depressing the vinyl-ish tracks, I can pop the window out.. and it rotates on a latch at the bottom (no more cleaning from the outside! and OH WOW.. how will it change the way I have been repainting! )
so now if I can release it from the 2 latches.. i can get the whole window out and take it somewhere to hopefully get the panes replaced.
any suggestions on who to call?
Coloradotrout,
Check with the manufacturer of the unit. My new windows are covered for 50 years for any failure.
Jon jpb357atjunodotcomofcourse

Good point. Other than that, check your phone book and look for someone who makes the windows, not someone who services them. The guys who service them (come to your house) buy their windows from the guys who make them so they will always charge more, often a lot more.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math