Air-jet versus whirpool-jet

Anyone try both a conventional jacuzzi-type bathtub versus the new air-jets? What is the opinion? Are the air jets worth it?
I'd love some opinions...

the conventional jets suck air in for the bubbles, when you add an air pump the effect goes up by an magnitude. My spa has the ability to do both, tired sore muscles really like the air pump. For relaxing I turn the pump off and just cruise