Air Filters for Smokers

Page 2 of 2
On 12/19/2010 1:13 PM, EXT wrote:

Same at disneyland and same at my rentals. My wife can smell smoke in a building (even one open to the outside) two weeks later.
--
Steve Barker

Tell them they stink and have to move out.
On 12/18/2010 2:13 PM, Jeff Thies wrote:

I don't think there is a big enough or potent enough filter. My late Uncle, a Marine smoked so much that everything in his home was covered in a brown film nearly impossible to get off. I inherited several of his guns. I spent many an evening with solvents and oils getting all/most of it off. Smoking in a car can take a thousand to several thousand off it's value. You can hide the odor for a while but it comes back out and no one wants it.

A friend bought a house (all she could afford) and spent weeks washing walls, floors and windows. The windows had so much tar on them that they were almost opaque (walls had the same or more).

Yep. A friend used to buy used cars (rentals, mostly) at auction for a dealership. One thing he'd look for was signs of smoking (he smoked).

both car rentals and motel/hotel room rentals will charge you extra if you're a smoker,if they allow it at all.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

soon smoking will be illegal. We all pay the price in higher health care costs
smoking around kids even in private homes is truly child abuse and should be proscuted as such

The tax on my ciggies pays for healthcare for all the obesity-related problems ... diabetes, heart disease, joint replacements, long-term disability.

Prosecute all the lazy bastards who don't cook and who feed their kids nothing but cola, pizza and fast food. With all of the obtuse and irrelevant discussion of second-hand smoke...a problem vastly exagerated...nobody brings up the millions of tons of pollution produced by businesses. People get very in-your-face at the sight of a cigarette, but jump into their gas guzzlers and drive home and light up their fire places and run their dang noisy gas-powered leaf blowers and pollute MY air. I'm not saying smoking is good, or that second-hand smoke does not have risks, but folks these days sing a one-note song and sing it forever. They drive gas guzzlers and dump poison by the ton into the envirnment, but seem to think that air is pure but for cigarette smoke. And never, ever, do I hear of a tax on alcoholic beverages...would probably balance the federal budget but who wants to pay a dime more for the booze they guzzle daily, or think about the health and social hazards of doing so. I'm just sayin'...
Cig. smoking became popular partly as an answer to weight control. It would be ironic, but not terribly surprising, if enough people quit smoking only to discover that doing so, statistically, leads to reducing life expectancy because of the increase in obesity-related illnesses?
On 12/19/2010 9:30 PM, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote:

I thought smoking became popular because tobacco companies provided free cigarettes to soldiers in their rations and Red Cross packages. Perhaps I'm blowing smoke? :-)
TDD
On 12/19/2010 9:30 PM, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote:

Just FYI, there are plenty of taxes on alcoholic beverages. JACK DANIELS for one pays a whopping $14 a GALLON on every gallon that goes into the aging warehouses. NOT when it is sold, when it is MADE some 7 years before he gets to sell it.
--
Steve Barker