Air exchanger ducting

I have an unfinished basement that I am finishing, and want to extend the air exchanger into some of the rooms. One will need an exhaust. Is this a challenging job, or is it really just a matter of cutting holes in the existing ducts, sticking in another piece of duct, extending it, and wrapping the joints in reflective tape and tuck tape?
- Bill
It is easy enough , but can your system handle the extra load , meaning reduced upstairs heating and cooling. I say its worth a try.