Air duct cleaning - asbestos insulation

We need to clean air ducts in a building where part of the air duct have been insulated (from the outside) with blue-asbestos. Removing the asbestos would involve huge costs and we have a time limit. I am asking is there anyt other way to clean the air ducts. It probably costs a lot too but at least we don't have to redo the ceiling. The air ducts are 1.5 ft x 1.5 ft rectange shaped and made of metal sheet.

Maybe you should run this by the county health department in your area. There are potential problems that may not be obvious. In general, stabilized asbestos (if that's what you have) should be left alone. The cleaning process could release asbestos fiber though seams to the duct interior, a very undesirable situation.
Joe
Joe wrote:

Nothing good can come of telling the authorities you have asbestos.