Air Conditioning unit

Is there anyone on this list familiar with heating/airconditioning units. I recently went under the house to clean the air ducts when I noticed that there is a steady stream of water leaking out of the unit. There is a line coming into the unit from the heat pump outside, and right next to it is some kind of inlet that is steadily leaking water. I'm assuming that this is condensation leaking because my water bill would be through the roof if it was from a water line. I would like to either stop the leak or divert it. It hasn't done this in the past, but I don't know what's changed. Any ideas? THanks Jamie

for buttons that will let you run faster, jump higher, and become wildly successful in life, go to Astute Buttons at

James Conway

Not sure by your description, but if A/C is running it should be dripping condensate.

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

"James Conway" wrote in news:MjIPg.13452$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Skip the spam at the bottom of your posts. You don't get my .02 with it. Not that my .02 is worth ,02...

Reply to
Al Bundy

Usually there's a primary and secondary drip pan and drain. When the primary system clogs, the secondary kicks into action.

So clear the clog in your primary condensate drain.

Reply to
CJT

Fix the condensate pump system, or add one if needed.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F