Air conditioning for 720 square foot upstairs apartment

So, I'm now in an apartment and I'm trying to plan for the upcoming summer. For those 100 degree days, is there a way to air condition this size apartment without installing any vents, etc out of a window or door? If so, what items would you recommend to buy?
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:05:03 -0600, Znott wrote:

A couple 7000 btu window units.
Add pictures here
✖
And do those work without any vents out of a window or door?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Znott wrote:

There is absolutely, positively no way to air condition a space without having a place to exhaust the excess heat. Otherwise you could air condition your apartment by leaving the refrigerator door open!
The most practical way to air condition the apartment is with inexpensive window units.
There are also floor units that have a flexible tube for exhausting the hot air to the outside.
You MUST exhaust the heat to the outdoors somehow. Otherwise your apartment will only get hotter and hotter, with the air conditioner running.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 18, 3:39 pm, snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com wrote:

> There is absolutely, positively no way to air condition a space > without having a place to exhaust the excess heat. Otherwise you could > air condition your apartment by leaving the refrigerator door open!
Swamp Cooler !!!

Add pictures here
✖
a great big 220v window unit will do it. Or a couple of smaller ones.

✖
Will that work without anything sticking out of a window or door?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Add pictures here
✖
Jordan wrote:

You should do your own manual J so you know what BTUH room AC you need. I cool the first floor of an old 1937 over 900-sq.ft home with a mere 6,000-BTUH room AC. A comfortable Temperature & Humidity control even at 112-F Heat Index. http://www.udarrell.com/airconditioner_current_temperature_btuh_charting.html
- udarrell
--
WISDOM PRINCIPLED EMPOWERMENT COMMUNICATIONS -
THE REAL POLITICAL ISSUES & WISDOM Principled PEOPLE EMPOWERMENT

I determined that our third-floor room, 22'x14' with windows on the north, west, and south sides, 1930 house, needed either 8,000 or 10,000 BTU, and I went with the 10,000 BTU because of the extreme weather/heat exposure swings of that space. Works well.
Add pictures here
✖
No.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Big chunk of dry ice in the middle of your living room floor !!!
Add pictures here
✖