Air Conditioning

Page 2 of 2

FChoquette wrote:

Where in the hell did you get that stupid notion from?
hvacrmedic
But maybe it will run

Actually, compressor current draw can be more or less. Depending on the load, back pressure, over or under charged, etc. It really is a variable.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
KTECH wrote:

Not likely. The AC is looking for Air temp and that is not going to be much different with or without shade. In fact if the shade reduces the air flow, it will increase operating expense.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Then there is the effect that the condenser is buried in the housing, not being hit directly by the sun. As soon as the unit kicks on (or very soon thereafter) the interior of that housing is going to be at the ambient air temp anyhow. The heat exchangers (radiators) will also reach operating temperature whether the sun hits them or not.
Harry K
My understanding of things, shade is cooler. However, I've seen one study where they did one test (two houses, one in the shade) and found less than 5% savings.
I'd go wtih the shade, as long as it isn't blocking the air flow.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
--