Air conditioner test question

No

The temperature oudside has nothing to do with what you keep the indoor temperature. Normally the temperature should be between 16 to 20 degrees colder at the supply register than at the return grille. But that depends on indoor humidity, return temperature and air flow. Many service techs can't do capacity and efficiency testing, I doubt that you can.

I do it for our local utility on occasion. It takes several hours and I use about six thousand dollars worth of test equipment.

Stretch

Reply to
Stretch

This is Turtle

From 15ºF to 20ºF is the range but i like closer to 20ºF if possible. now this is only a real little look at the ability of a hvac system and can be running poorly and still get these numbers.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

NO! That is non sense!

Reply to
udarrell

I came across a website that said a test for whether your a/c is working properly is if the air coming out of your register is 15 or more degrees cooler than the outside air T (going into the a/c). Is that a good criterion?

thanks

Reply to
Jim-Poncin