air conditioner stinks

Hi everyone,

I have a wall mounted air conditioner (with the compressor outside) and recently, the air it pushes has started to take on a weird odor (not all the time - it's intermitent). I propped myself up there and there seemed to be a brownish liquid, like moisture, sitting on the vents.

I washed it all up, but the smell remains ... anyone has any idea what could be causing this? (My filters are cleaned regularly - so that's not it).

thanks,

Max

Reply to
mxbrunet

Make sure the condensation is draining on the outside. Squirt what you can see of the bottom of the outside with Clorox Cleanup.

Reply to
Meat Plow

If your motherinlaw is missing, she got sucked into the fan, and everyone knows she stinks...... :)

Reply to
businessman

If you still have the installation instructions, you might have either an issue with it not angled right(draining towards the outside), or a plugged up drain line. Stagnent water can lead towards funky smells.

Tom @

Just Joshin