Air Conditioner Repair Estimate

Page 1 of 2
I have an estimate for an air conditioning repair, replacing the capacitor. $180.00 installed. It sounds reasonable to me, is it?
-- Cheri
Cheri wrote:

Which cap?
It sounds about right.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician
Moe Jones wrote in message

Thanks to all who replied. This is a very helpful group to me since I don't know a lot about prices of repairs and things.
Cheri
Moe Jones wrote:

Baseball
On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 14:36:55 -0700, "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

Sounds about normal.
could be worse, could be better.
On Sep 2, 4:36 pm, "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

It sounds about right for the large companies with the spiffy uniforms and shiny new trucks.
[8~{} Uncle Monster
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in message

No shiny truck or spiffy uniform, but he did come on Labor Day Weekend within a few hours of calling him, and looks like the charge was reasonable, so I would use him again. Thanks.
Cheri
On Sep 2, 7:22 pm, "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

Whenever someone asks me if I charge extra for weekends and holidays, I always answer: "No, I charge the same outrageous rate, regardless."
[8~{} Uncle Monster

LMAO
Cheri wrote:

have to travel, where is the unit located, attic , roof or at ground level. There is a wide variation in the cost of capacitors! I did most tech work at too low a cost for a proper profit level. udarrell
thats a ripoff for 10 minute job and 12.00 part..
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

I don't know what you think of as a rip off but I probably would have charged $130 to $145 for such a call. I've had people get upset over having to pay a service charge when I tell them that their piece of gear is uneconomical to repair. They'll say "You didn't repair it." My answer is "If you go see a doctor and he runs a bunch of tests, then tells you you're going to die, you still have to pay him."
[8~{} Uncle Monster
Uncle Monster wrote:

A better answer:
"Well, you could have brought the unit to me..."
I never call anyone who dosen't give free estimates. They tend to be reasonable as customers can say thanks but no thanks. Those who charge without doing anything are ripoff artists and will inflate chareges as they got ya'

look you cheep prick you expect man to travel few hours pay for his gasoline insurance ETC. to gave you estimate for nothing you are living in dream world but I can blame you there is sucker in every line of work there is also old say that you can get call girl on credit once but I don't think you will get it again and I bet you didn't tip the guy either Tony

Tony wrote in message ...

I know you're not posting to me, but I did tip him $20.00. He did say he was the owner and the worker, which is why he was working on Labor Day Weekend, and he told me that it wasn't necessary to tip him, but I was extrememly pleased with him so I did.
Cheri
Cheri wrote:

[8~{} Uncle Monster

Back-off, she's mine! :-)
I guess you are a ripoff artist. "That'll be $100 to look at it" is your mantra. We see those kind on those investigative shows all the time.

snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

Care to describe how covering the cost of the workman's salary, the truck operational expense, insurance etc to provide an opinion is not "doing anything"?