Air Conditioner Maintenance

First-time poster, long-time reader.
Can someone point me to a good resource to help me understand/debug my HVAC. I have two units, one for upstairs and one for down. The downstairs unit is leaking water, but there is a drip pan for it with a PVC pipe to move the water, as if this was intentional. But how much is too much water? Also, where is this water coming from? The refridgeration coils in the air moving unit? I think so, but again, it seems like too much water.
Thanks.
the pvc pipe can get clogged with algea. my AC serviceman suggested pouring mixture of bleach and water down the pvc pipe about once a year.
First-time poster, long-time reader.
Can someone point me to a good resource to help me understand/debug my HVAC. I have two units, one for upstairs and one for down. The downstairs unit is leaking water, but there is a drip pan for it with a PVC pipe to move the water, as if this was intentional. But how much is too much water? Also, where is this water coming from? The refridgeration coils in the air moving unit? I think so, but again, it seems like too much water.
Thanks.
those drip pans and drains need to be cleaned out from time to time ,they get dirt and slime that blocks them.sometimes the drip pans can actually rust out too..my 2 ton ac puts out about 5 gallons a day. lucas
I'm not there to see it, but please look for a second drain, up higher. Just guessing here. The pan you describe might be an emergency over flow pan to protect the house.
Might want to call an AC repair company. Don't underestimate water damge.
The water is what happens when humid air contacts a cold surface. Water condenses out.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.