Air Conditioner Maintenance

I have a soon to be five year old AC. do you recommend a service call for cleaning etc. Thanks Nancy/Florida
On May 19, 6:37 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (N.J. Crane) wrote:

Central system, I assume. Likewise that you change filters monthly- best contribution you can make.
Yes. To check proper, efficient operation, and head off probs. First, take your time to find a competent, honest company, if there are any in your area- BBB, Angie's, whatever.
Others will have suggestions as to frequency of such service in your area; annually may be best initially.
You'd be well served to learn what you should be looking for in your own regular once-overs of the system, too. And how to check/clean condensate drain, clean debris from heat-exchs., etc.
HTH, J
If it's a split system, yes. If it's a window unit just run it till it dies, and throw it out. Buy another.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.