Air Conditioner Freezing Up

Page 5 of 5
hvactech2 wrote:

This is Turtle.
Just put it on Furly Hot Speed !
TURTLE
When I took the fan motor to the shop they matched it to a motor that was supposed to be the same RPM. I have discarded the old motor, but I will see if I still have the info written down and I will check it to the new one. I replaced with a 3M micro alerigin filter. Cleaning the coils and replacing the filter did not work.
Michael, The 3M filter is one of the restrictive types. Replace it with a cheap fiberglass filter. The pressure drop across the 3M filter is 2.5 times that of the cheap fiberglass filter. Typically it will reduce air flow by 10 to 20%, based on testing with an air flow hood.
If that does not help, you need to call a service company to check your system.
Stretch