Air Conditioner Freezing Up

Page 4 of 5

Thanks
wrote in message

Man..Ed is a pretty good guy..and hes right, hes willing to learn. Hell, if you had told me that 12 years ago, i would have laughed at you...then, I got to learn all about swamp coolers and what 1/3 HP more or less can do....:)

CBHVAC wrote:

I'll agree with you about Ed, but his replies in this thread seem to be a bit uncharacteristic of him. I'm only suggesting that if he doesn't trust what I said, then he might want to hit Google up about it ;)
hvacrmedic
RP wrote:

This is Turtle.
Yes i can see where I'm not the suck up type and would not ask you question that any normal suck up would ask , but i see you and CB are dodging the bullet on answering Ed's Question for if you do you will be covering up a bullshitting line that got out of hand. So you two will take the 5 th on this one for if you answer , you will step off in it.
Now i'm going to ask you the querstion of this : Richard , what is wrong with ed's post above here and explain to me how or what is wrong with it and not just go get some books and find out. If you knew you could explain it in 1 or 2 line and it's all over. if you don't say anything i will take it as just running from a bullshit that got out of line. it hurts to cut and run don't it !
TURTLE
TURTLE wrote:

I've answered it three times now. Hell I had to answer the last one 12 fucking times and you still didn't get it. Are you kin to Marcell Ledbetter? Hooooeey!
hvacrmedic
This is Turtle.
Please Point to it or tell me where you explain this to me ?
TURTLE
TURTLE wrote:

OK.
/\\ / \\ / \\ | | | |
hvacrmedic
This is Turtle.
Damn your good CB !
Now explain what is wrong with Ed's post besides asking you for a straight answer.
TURTLE

Learn to read and you will find out I did.
Tell another lie Terry..we got ya in a couple now.

CBHVAC wrote:

This is Turtle.
OH MY GOD , Tell me about what they are.
TURTLE
RP wrote:

This is Turtle.
I always want someone to tell me something that i did not know but here you are mistaken as to right or wrong.
Go back and read what Ed wrote here and tell or explain to me what is false about what he wrote and not say i have all these book to let you read to learn something. You or CB can't punch any holes in what he said at all and as it seem tring to dodge the question as to answer his statement as what is wrong with it.
Richard , have you been drinking something ?
TURTLE
TURTLE wrote:

Congrats Turtle, your at the end of your rope. :)
hvacrmedic
wrote in message

Actually, hackboi, you ahve explained this one before....funny how the right answers seem to leave you when you are on a trolling spree.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Well that's called wishful thinking on your part. A typical indoor blower for instance, has three or four speed taps. All of these will cause the motor to run at near 1200RPM under no load. Low speed is only lower because it has lower torque and thus more slippage. The same applies to a 1075 RPM condenser fan motor. If you oversize sufficiently you can approach and RPM of 1200, which I think you'll agree is much faster than 1075.
hvacrmedic
RP wrote:

This is Turtle.
You missed his question on the increase of air through the condenser coil with horse power increase and not RPM.
TURTLE
TURTLE wrote:

Turtle, wtf? I'm worried about you, really.
hvacrmedic
This is Turtle.
i know what your hitting at here and you have pushed your motor theory too far to accept here.
If you have a 1 h.p. motor 1075 rpm, running at 1075 rpm on a 1 horse load. Then you take a 2 horse 1075 rpm motor and replace the one horse motor with the 2 h.p. motor 1075 rpm . the 2 h.p. motor will pull the load well at maybe 1075 to 1085 , but no where near 1200 rpm. now leave power factors out of it here.
Now you say a 1 hp motor 1075 rpm job when replaced with a 2 horse motor 1075 rpm , the motor will turn at maybe 1,200 rpm or better.
Now you may have got your info from Nick Pines but in the real world the single speed condenser motor 1075 1/3 hp. will turn at 1075 at 1/3 hp load. if you increase the horse power two times will not increase the speed any great amount to speak of or about maybe 10 rpm's at best because of a 1/3 hp load and a 2/3 hp motor pulling it.
Now you say a 4 speed indoor blower will spend at 1,200 rpms if on high and on low and other speeds it will run slower because of slippage of the motor and make it turn at say 800 rpms.
If this is true and lower speed and all other speeds turn at 1200 rpm always if unloaded. Why do they have 4 wires on it and just have 2 and just let it slip for the other lower speeds.
Probley what your tring to use for a example is the new multi-horse power & speed motors. With these they may have this theory but regular motor don't follow your thinking.
I know a fellow at emerson and i will tomorrow to check with him and check your NEW theory out. I've heard it before and it did not flow.
TURTLE
TURTLE wrote:

The trip saver is just a multi-tap motor. The main difference is that the HP of the highest speed on the trip saver can be adjusted by simply changing capacitor mfd rating. You can do the same thing with any other 4-speed blower motor, but you would need to know what you were doing, because the instructions won't be drawn out for you on a little piece of paper like it is with the trip saver. I doubt that any manufacturer would warranty a motor that had been field re-engineered, but that doesn't mean that it can't be done.
Now as for your numbers, you should consult the motor's RPM/torque curve before attempting to post any numbers. Keep in mind that motors aren't all made equal. A PSC motor for instance, varies more in RPM through changes in torque than does an induction run motor in the same application. If you look at the rated RPM you can see the difference. A typical PSC with 1200RPM synchronous will typically be rated at 1050 or 1075RPM at full load. An induction motor OTOH might be rated at 1100 or 1150RPM. Both have the same synchronous (no load) RPM of 1200, but they will not run the same RPM with equal loads. The PSC will run slower.
If you double the HP of the PSC you will get much more of an increase in RPM than you would by doubling the HP of an induction run motor. You won't however go above synchronous (rotating field) RPM regardless of how much you increase HP.
Don't beat yourself over the head too hard for missing this one, even Jake missed it a year or so back over in alt.hvac. I had to post motor curves and articles for him too, before he finally understood that I knew what the hell I was saying all along. :)
hvacrmedic
Yes, please call a HVAC company.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

I need quite a bit more info. what is the outdoor andf indoor temp when you are running? did you replace it with the same HP and RPM? what temp do you set it at? +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail