Air conditioner blows slightly cool air outside and not very coolinside

Get references, call a good HVAC company out to look at it. Even if the capacitor is shorted, it didn't short for no reason. Only a competent tech will be able to track down the cause.

That's the best advice you're going to get.

hvacrmedic

Reply to
RP

I have a 2 year old Lennox 10ACC Air Conditioner. I got home today, and noticed it was not working - thermostat set at 79 and it was 83 inside.

I reset all the breakers, and still does not work right.

Also noticed that air conditioner is blowing air good, but it's not hot, as expected...the air is fairly cool.

I saw a thread about checking the small copper and large copper pipe. Neither are hot or cold or sweaty. Although, I turned the unit off about an hour ago. I expected to see it cold and dripping from my last AC problems with an old house!

Let me know if anyone has any advice? Someone mentioned this is typically the capacitor for the compressor. How would I now what type to buy/replace?

Thanks Mike

Reply to
M Osborne

It is possible that it is under warranty. jot down model and serial# and give manfacture a call. Have you ever cleaned the condenser? Thats the part out side of the window, a lot of dust and crud could be restricting air flow kinda like if youre cars water pump or fan quick working you would over heat.

Reply to
h1ebs

It sounds as if you've not had the chance to work on central AC before. Most of the repairs that are likely causes aren't something a new repair guy can dianose, or repair.

I'd suggest ask your friends and relatives for an AC repairman that you can trust, and like Sherrif Andy Taylor said to Aunt Bee "Call the man!"

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This is Turtle

Mike , I would call a service company to check it out for you did not say the right words when explaining the problem here. Sorry Mike but you need a service company to check it out.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE