air conditioner

I have a small portable air conditioner which I only use once in awhile instead of putting it outside the window of the room can I just put it in the room at the window? TIA,, Frank
On Sun, 27 May 2007 15:30:28 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

No. The part that hangs outside pumps HEAT.
CWM

Also, you'll end up with a huge pool of water on the floor.
On Sun, 27 May 2007 19:15:33 -0400, <h> wrote:

Yes, there's that, too!
CWM
<h> wrote in message

Why? If level, the water will evaporate. Window ACs should not drip.

It depends on the humidity indoors. I've had a couple of window units in which the condensate gets splashed on the the condenser by the fan. Most of the time, it evaporates from the condenser without dripping.
But when it's really humid indoors, there is so much condensate per hour that some of it ends up dripping from the outside end of the unit.
    Dave
thank you very much
Sure!
What are you trying to accomplish?