air conditioner

I have a small portable air conditioner which I only use once in awhile instead of putting it outside the window of the room can I just put it in the room at the window? TIA,, Frank

Reply to
FXPort

No. The part that hangs outside pumps HEAT.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

Also, you'll end up with a huge pool of water on the floor.

Reply to
<h>

Yes, there&#39;s that, too!

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

thank you very much

Reply to
FXPort

Sure!

What are you trying to accomplish?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Why? If level, the water will evaporate. Window ACs should not drip.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It depends on the humidity indoors. I&#39;ve had a couple of window units in which the condensate gets splashed on the the condenser by the fan. Most of the time, it evaporates from the condenser without dripping.

But when it&#39;s really humid indoors, there is so much condensate per hour that some of it ends up dripping from the outside end of the unit.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Martindale