air compressor redux

If getting a bicycle pump, try to find a 'fat' pump so it's pumping more cfs (cubic feet per stroke). The skinny ones didn't come around until bicycles with narrow tires came around. The narrow tires took about

100# and were hard to pump with a large hand pump.
Reply to
Tony Miklos

In the mid 70s they had little CO2 bottles in the car to blow up the spare but they were pretty hard to get refilled so it was one flat per customer. I suppose you could get one of those CO2 bottles they sell for framing nailers. For years I had an old Freon tank I used for blowing up tires (air in it). You can go to any garage and fill that back up.

Reply to
gfretwell