Air compressor pump oil

Hi, Is this oil really something special or any oil such as 30 weight motor oil will do? Tony
I think you can use the NON-detergent type of motor oil.
--
Lewis.

http://tinyurl.com/r3r6
what oil, you talkin about
Hi, Pump libricant. Tony
mark Ransley wrote:

the same, or very close to 30W motor oil, but since I don't know for sure, and the extra cost of special oil is pretty small, I figure why chance it. I'm not going to risk my $450 air compressor over a bucks worth of oil. That's my spin, anyway.
Dave
Tony you still havnt said what it is , if it is synthetic or not. or who made it. Some compressor manufacturers demand synthetic, as it is superior. Id use synthetic.
Hi, Specifically, it is CH belt driven pump for so called extreme duty on their product line. Original bottle of oil is clear in color. Then someone mentioned 30W motor oil works OK too. Label on the bottle does not give spec. of this oil. What do you think? I am just curious and not trying to penny pinching. Tony
mark Ransley wrote:

Older units use to use Turbine oil which is clear like you mention or 30 non detergent motor oil. Both will work fine. The newer units call for a synthetic 30 weight oil. I use 30 synthetic Amzoil in mine not sure if you have dealers for that in your area. Ck them out online. In either case the main thing is to change it regularly. At least once a year.
if it gets continuos use and you want it to last longer , use synthetic, its better. my unit gets no use so i dont care. But my cars ,boat lawnmower everything i want to last longer I use synthetic
Hi, Thanks. Amsoil dealer is nearby here. Tony
Randd01 wrote:

DaveG wrote:

Think you're right, I was just curious. Tony

That's how I feel. I only use oil recommended in the owner's manual. The special oil is not that expensive, available at WalMart, and not much is needed. Makes me think twice about buying a used compressor.
I got some at HD. Believe 30 Wt non-detergent was suggested.