Air compressor pump oil

Hi, Is this oil really something special or any oil such as

30 weight motor oil will do? Tony
Reply to
Tony Hwang

I think you can use the NON-detergent type of motor oil.

Reply to
Lewis Campbell

what oil, you talkin about

Reply to
mark Ransley

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Personally, I'd use oil recommended for the purpose. It may well just be the same, or very close to 30W motor oil, but since I don't know for sure, and the extra cost of special oil is pretty small, I figure why chance it. I'm not going to risk my $450 air compressor over a bucks worth of oil. That's my spin, anyway.

Dave

Reply to
DaveG

Tony you still havnt said what it is , if it is synthetic or not. or who made it. Some compressor manufacturers demand synthetic, as it is superior. Id use synthetic.

Reply to
mark Ransley

Hi, Dave Think you're right, I was just curious. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Specifically, it is CH belt driven pump for so called extreme duty on their product line. Original bottle of oil is clear in color. Then someone mentioned

30W motor oil works OK too. Label > Tony you still havnt said what it is , if it is synthetic or not. or
Reply to
Tony Hwang

Older units use to use Turbine oil which is clear like you mention or 30 non detergent motor oil. Both will work fine. The newer units call for a synthetic

30 weight oil. I use 30 synthetic Amzoil in mine not sure if you have dealers for that in your area. Ck them out online. In either case the main thing is to change it regularly. At least once a year.
Reply to
Randd01

if it gets continuos use and you want it to last longer , use synthetic, its better. my unit gets no use so i dont care. But my cars ,boat lawnmower everything i want to last longer I use synthetic

Reply to
mark Ransley

Reply to
Bob Bowles

Reply to
Tony Hwang

That's how I feel. I only use oil recommended in the owner's manual. The special oil is not that expensive, available at WalMart, and not much is needed. Makes me think twice about buying a used compressor.

Reply to
Phisherman