air compressor oil

Since I have never done it for the past 10 years I feel like I should change the oil in my compressor. It was used when I got it and I don`t know what kind of oil to use. Please be specific with a reply----what brand and weight? Thanks a lot
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 18, 5:42 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Herb and Eneva) wrote:

I would use Amsoil air compressor oil. Amsoil is a synthetic oil.
Add pictures here
✖
Pretty standard, but also a bit difficult to find: Non detergent 20 weight. The brand is immaterial.
I have two compressors running on Mobil ! synthetic.
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Please be specific with your compressor: Brand and model number.

✖
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 06:42:35 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Herb and Eneva) wrote:

Go to the manufacturer's website and follow their recommendations for oil changes. Ten years is a very long time to go without an oil change, that is, unless your compressor is not oiless. Change the air filter too.
Add pictures here
✖
I just used regular non-detergent oil that they sell at Wal-Mart by the quart in the right weight. Much cheaper than stuff labeled as oil for an air compressor.
Add pictures here
✖