Air Compressor-Been sitting a while

I have an air compressor (110V) that is about 10 years old. It has been sitting, unused, for about 6-7 of those years.
Do I need to do anything before I use it again? If so, what?
Charles
On Jan 23, 3:23pm, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Charles Bishop) wrote:

turn on for just a second, drain tank and change oil, then operate normally.
stand back when first running in case tank has gone bad. exploding tank is rare but better safe than sorry
On Jan 23, 2:23pm, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Charles Bishop) wrote:

Are there signs of rust on any of the parts? If so, I would take apart and clean everything to see if there are any weak spots.
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 12:23:30 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Charles Bishop) wrote:

I would turn it over by hand with the power off, just to be sure it still will turn, then crank it up for a minute and drain the air tank. If a lot of rusty water comes out, you may have a problem. Changing the oil, if it is that kind of compressor, is never a bad idea but a 110v is probably oilless. Chances are it will just go.
On Jan 23, 6:07pm, "Stormin Mormon"

10 years old its likely a oiled compressor