Air Compressor - ambient temp?

The containers for 30 weight non-detergent compressor oil mention the term - "all season". Does that mean that I can operate my compressor in an unheated shed in the winter, when ambient temp is in the teens to 30's?
I doubt it. You may need to have some type of dipstick heater if it blows the breaker when you try to start. I have one that needs a little TLC from a propane torch to get started. Once running everything seems to be fine.
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

My Husky starts and runs fine in extreme cold....But it is only a year old....Maybe older ones are different....
The risk is that the oil will be too thick, and won't lubricate properly. Of course, you could contact the compressor manufacturer.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Which was why I asked the question. The Oil packaging seems to indicate that it won't be a problem, but doesn't include specifics.

If I could ask the manufacturer, I wouldn't need to ask here.
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

If I had a stationary compressor in an unheated outbuilding, I would be tempted to install an unloader which would allow the compressor to start with no load.
http://www.about-air-compressors.com/unloadervalve.html
TDD
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

YES
EJ in NJ
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Hi, How big is the compressor? How cold does it get?