Air compressor

This topic has probably been discussed ad nausem. Still I'd like you guys opinion on what to choose. Brand, model, power, delivery, weight, size, the whole bit.
One big enough to drive a nail gun, no more than two, is sufficient for me. I like my emglo 5hp gas wheeled twin barrel. It is way over kill and works only outdoors. I am looking to get a second, smaller, portable electric one.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Yaofeng) wrote:

http://air.irco.com/asg/centrifugal/centac/5cii.pdf
Well, ok, maybe you can get by with a bit smaller one than that.
Yaofeng writes:

My critical opinions:
http://www.truetex.com/aircompressors.htm

The little Porter Cable pancake 6 gallon works well. Easily carried on the job or from the garage to house. A kit with nail guns is available at a good price.
The portable electric ones seem to come in a couple variables:
Tube tank, or "pancake". Splash lubricated, or "oilless".
Beyond that, I'm not all that much help.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Cubic square feet?
Ahem.
You mean CFM. There's no square feet in cubic feet ;-)
Nail guns don't use very much CFM. Usually less than 2, depending on how fast you go and what size nails you're firing.
My home brew air compressor with a 10 gal tank goes about half-hour between recharges with a 18ga nailer... Which is good, because the compressor is about 3/4 CFM.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

No, he means SCFM
In many process applications there is a critical demand for a specific minimum flow in terms of some base or reference pressure, temperature and relative humidity. Many standards are used, the most common being the Compressed Air & Gas Institute (CAGI) and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) standards, which are 14.7 PSIA, 68Deg. F and 36% relative humidity. When you express your "Demand" in Standard CFM (SCFM), you are saying that you want this compressor or blower to deliver this CFM even at your worst case conditions.
Yep, there's a whole bunch of square feet in a cubic foot. We just stack them squre feet up until it's about a foot tall. And then it's cubic. We do things different in NYS.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Pop wrote:

I think he was kidding, Pop. :-)

Sure, you just take some of the flat ones and stand them on end.
Guess you didn't work at the same factory where I worked. We had so many square feet stacked up, hey if you woulda stood on the pile you could have touched the ceiling. Of course the pile was only a foot wide and so it was kinda tippy.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus