air cleaner

Page 3 of 3

and
of
How about you go ahead and send a check to the family of a good friend of mine that just died from lung cancer....never smoked a day in his life, no one in his family smokes, and he was well enough off that he lived well, and took good care of himself.. I figure it cost him close to a million the last couple of years to prolong his life....
I mean....after all...(cough) smokers killed him according to you...

Steve@carolinabreezehvac wrote:

Yeah, everybody knows a story. Cancer generally requires two things to exist for it to occur: a genetic predisposition (cancer does run in families) and an environmental trigger. That trigger could be cigarette smoke, though it could be other things as well. This is how some folks smoke and don't get cancer and others don't smoke and do get cancer. Both factors need to exist.
That being said, cigarettes cause more cardiac deaths than lung cancer. If a person has a 70% blockage of his coronary arteries, he may well be free of symptoms. Then he fires one up: the nicotine causes vasoconstriction. He may then have a heart attack. (My percentages are off the top of my head but I attended enough seminars to know the general idea is correct).
So your friend spent close to a million dollars, did he? After our good friend Gary claimed smokers cost less because they don't live as long, he now wants access to that same kind of money to extend his smoke ridden life. This is cheaper?
As I see it, he has the right to do what he wants right up to the point it affects me. He's free to smoke; I just don't want anyone to smoke around me. Nobody smokes in my house. If you come to visit, you'll leave your cigarettes in the car.
I have a friend who smokes. He abides by my rules in my house. I don't visit him because that's *his* house, and I don't make the rules there. Nor do I have to suffer from his smoke (my sinuses close almost immediately).
You want to smoke? Do it elsewhere. Smoke free sections in a restaurant work as well as pee free sections of a swimming pool. Have you ever noticed how smokers smoke in a restaurant? They smoke up until their food arrives, put the cigarettes out, and then fire up again after they've eaten. Never mind that 3/4 of the restaurant hasn't finished *their* food.
Do it elsewhere....
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com

"Steve@carolinabreezehvac"
news:B4Jnd.130> > I have a friend who smokes. He abides by my rules in my house. I don't

there. Nor do

immediately).
home...since its a

than the air

a restaurant

ever noticed

food arrives,

Never mind

consider it from now

figure if

smoking, and

these places that

an
probably claim

adds
not being to

cater to you.

dirty than in

fiberglass filter, no

hospitals HVAC

system...and if you

my home, you

was gonna put

worried about

or so

allow the

I am in, and

right to tell

that you have

defend my rights

tell me how

dont.
including the

of my

have yet to

love is when

down for 3

it, is that

You obviously have no idea how BAD cigarette smoke smells. You probably can't even smell the smoker that just came in from his fix. It's enough to gag many of us.
Bob

It smells bad to some....I understand that. So do the coils that we get to clean in most non smokers homes....really...the nicotine must kill the hell out of bacteria on them...:)
Oh, yes I can! I can smell a cigarette at 100 yards on a calm day outdoors.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Gary R. Lloyd wrote:

And how exactly are you any different?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:19:59 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

I care about your inherent unalienable rights, even though I consider you to be a waste of skin.
_______________________________
Liberals are thieves and dictators, unlike conservatives who are dictators and thieves.
Gary-
I'm with you on "smoking saves the govt money over the long haul".
Before everyone jumps all over me.......I don't smoke, don't really like second hand smoke but I dislike the govt bossing everyone around.
Let small groups decide, millions of individual decisions have got to be better than the folks in DC or the statehouses.
Vote with you feet & your $'s; go (or don't) to smoking or non-smoking restuarant or place of work.
On the "smoking saves the govt money over the long haul" thing........
Everyone eventually dies, some large % of ones total lifetime health care expenditure is expended very near the end of ones life.
So if one is on Medicare & Social Security after he stops working then is it not economically beneficial to the govt to minimize the time spent on these programs?
Is this not why the govt is raising the retirement age?
I think the anti-smoking crowd should at least be open to the concept that perhaps smoking is a net postive cash flow for the govt.
As long s it kils the smoker after he has stopped working & paying taxes :)
Also as big believer in the power of tech, why not just control the smoke at the source, air cleaning ash trays as well as HEPA filters.
BTW indoor air quality is pretty bad even without smoking.........blue staters maybe we need some federal indoor air quality standards?
cheers
Bob
this is for Gary, have you considered growing your own? I looked into it & smokes can be grown for a small fraction of the current retail cost

considering
have
Quit.
"Steve@carolinabreezehvac"
am

Does anyone

I've done that. If everyone that felt the same had done the same, companies would have change their smoking rules way earlier.
The last company I quit because of smokers finally went non-smoking. It happened after one of the worst smokers got deathly sick. She quit smoking in the hospital, went home and got well - came back and got sick. After a couple of cycles of this, the company finally figured out how bad smoke was for people.
OP - personally, I would try to find an "electronic" air cleaner. The electrostatic principle on which they operate is resonable effective for removing smoke.
Bob