Air Bubbles in Water

We've noticed that our water appears milky until we look closer and see a lot of tiny bubbles. The bubbles dissipate within a minute. We are seeing this with both hot and cold water. We are not on a well. We do not have a pressure regular. What could be causing this?

Reply to
O.B.

check with your water company on this one.

O.B. wrote:

Reply to
buffalobill

Lots of things...which is actually it depends on factors not known from your description. Does this happen at every outlet/tap or only on a particular sink/faucet?

Has it always been this way or is this a new phenomenon?

Has the water supplier done something that has raised the service pressure (like a new pumping station)?

Reply to
dpb

Dunno. If it bothers you, wait until the bubbles go away.

Reply to
mm

My county water district guide says that bubbles are normal time to time occurances for county and city water. Maybe caused by water main work being conducted elsewhere, maybe caused by other things.

I'd be surprised to see them in hot water, normally that sort of stuff would work it's way out long before it made it through the hot water pipe.

Why don't you call your water district and ask about the bubbles?

Reply to
Eigenvector

On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 00:57:28 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "O.B." quickly quoth:

Um...the aerator on your faucet, perhaps? Pressure regulators don't introduce air into the water, BTW.

Unscrew the aerator from a faucet and see if you still have milky, bubbly water. If so, talk to your city water supplier.

----------------------------------------------------------- -- This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels --

Reply to
Larry Jaques