Air blowing out of front vents

We recently bought and installed our window unit about a month ago, and it has been working just fine since we installed it. We noticed this morning that it started blowing water out of the front vents where the cool air is blown out. I've been reading up on reasons as to why this would be happening and have come up with a few ideas. Either we have clogged drain holes or a clogged drain tube. What doesn't make sense is that our unit is only about a month old and all of the other problems have occurred with units that are over a year old. Any ideas as to why this might be happening? Is there just not enough tilt on the unit? Anything would be helpful.

Thank you, Brandon

Reply to
Brandon

You may not have enough tilt, but you don't need very much. It must be very humid if tossing water out. Just be careful if you go poking around the coil. The water should drip into a pan and go towards the back and the condenser fan will sling it against the coil to evaporate.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Mud Daubers plugged up the drain??

Reply to
clare

How humid is it, currently (the ACbrrr acts like a dehumidifier)? The unit should have a slight pitch outward. This keeps water from approaching the living space -- both in the drip pan *and* on the top side of the unit (think of rainwater flowing down TOWARDS your house instead of AWAY!)

What sorts of vermin do you have? A spider, leaf-cutter wasp, etc. could have clogged the drain hole (they are usually pretty small holes as there isn't normally much water flowing through them).

Do yourself a favor and make sure the sill, apron, casing, etc. are dry before you consider the problem solved. You don't want to revisit rotted woodwork down the road!

Reply to
Don Y

Call the manufacturer.

Reply to
John G

Ours did that occasionally when the thing would freeze up and start to melt the ice that formed. We'd have to turn it off until it melted and dried out before it'd quit doing that.

Reply to
Muggles

Ideally it should be removed at the end of the season, cleaned and stored until just before the beginning of the cooling season.

Reply to
clare