Agitator on Whirlpool washer coming loose

We have a Whirlpool LBT6233DQO washing machine. It works fine, except sometimes during the spin cycle the agitator will work loose and rattle about in the tub, making quite a racket.

I cannot see anyway to secure the agitator to the spindle, it just slides over it. This particular machine was a display unit (it even has a sticker saying "display unit" under the lid). The reason I mention this is could it be possible the agitator was made to easily slide off for demonstration purposes on display units?

Any ideas?

Reply to
DesignGuy

possible... take the agitor off and look inside it and compare it to the spindle and see if it meets up and looks like it should stay there...... possible it was made different or something is missing from employees taking it off to show customers and the part might be missing????

Reply to
jim

Hi, May be it has a missing locking washer or something that nature. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi,

The agitator is suppose to have a bolt to hold the agitator down to the tranny shaft.

bolt with rubber gasket and thread sealant. Head is 7/16"

in the parts breakdown.

Very possible!!

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Thanks very much for the links. According to the Sears diagram I seem to be missing some parts. The agitator bolt on mine rests on what appears to be part # 21 in the diagram.

I don't have the barrier cap (22) and I don't see anything that resembles the three parts in box 9 (!).

This machine is several years old so going back for the missing parts is hopeless. I may just order a new agitator assy since the filter on mine is shredded from getting banged around when the agitator is loose.

BTW, very informative site at applianceaid.com!

Reply to
DesignGuy

Hi,

Goes right down and screws into the tranny shaft yes.

assembly complete. Shows in stock :)

Thankx!

I am glad it helped!! :)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid