After market car window tint

Nobody said it was - but I was surprised when my Taurus SEL, which comes with tinted windows as standard equipment, actually DOES have "tint film" on the windows - unlike the "privacy glass" on my former Aerostars and Trans Sport.
My point, however, was that the "tint" on aftermarket film can be identical to the "tint" on OEM tinted glass.
Add pictures here
✖

Perhaps if you didn't try to answer every post in one line (or word, as the case may be), people could understand what the hell you're talking about.
Add pictures here
✖
On May 15, 10:50 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

What the fuck are you talking about?
Add pictures here
✖

Congratulations, you get it. Now go away.
Add pictures here
✖

Get that you can be a real asshole to people. Yep, got that.
Add pictures here
✖

Give a cop the finger with the windows up. If he can tell you gave him the finger, it's not too dark!!!
Add pictures here
✖

Bad information. Bad idea. Bad form. He's always right because he has a gun and a stick made from very hard wood that won't break, and he can use them on you. When you get in front of the judge is when you have your chance to say the cop was wrong, and prove your point. At the scene, it's Yes, sir, and No, sir, because there is a little box that he can check if you are uncooperative, and there is a big section where he can put his own comments on your behavior and actions during the incident.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, again. The salon will tell you anything to get money out of your pockets. It does not matter if you have to scrape it off the next day. They already have your money.

Wrong-o. Cruisers usually come from the factory with the tint. If it is locally applied, don't know about your state, but in Utah, they can only apply a certain level of tint, and that is nowhere what they use on the police cruiser. Unless you can flash a badge, you can't buy what they can buy. The Interstate State Trooper and undercover cars in Utah have such a heavy tint, you could be arc welding inside there, and you couldn't tell from the outside.

I knew you'd get one right. The tint shop might have one of these. A better one would. But, if you are in a state, such as Nevada, you can put up any degree of tint you want. It was the reverse, cops citing their safety, but the will of the masses prevailed, and now there are outrageously dark tints in Nevada.
Any out of state vehicle that is registered in Utah must pass inspection, the light test being part of the inspection for registration. Every inspector shop has one, and almost every trooper has one, too. It is illegal in Utah to even drive through with tinted windows even if the car is registered in another state. DAMHIKT.
All said, one size does not fit all, so check your local regs. Your city's regs may even trump your state's regs, as Clark County Nevada cities do re: CCF. Don't know about tints, we're all legal. Now.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖

Makes the "under cover" cars pretty conspicous, wouldn't you say???

Add pictures here
✖
On 5/12/2012 2:19 PM, Steve B wrote:

not according to
http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/UT /
Add pictures here
✖

If your kid isn't playing rap, that could be the issue. Was the cop black or?
Add pictures here
✖
KMS wrote:

Hi, I am up here in Alberta. Compared to my car's OEM shade(Acura MDX) kid's Subaru WRX STi is darker tinting(as I mentioned, not OEM) Type of car and the tinting is some times magnet for cops. He decided to take it to the shop to have them removed. Ticket costs 57 bucks.
Add pictures here
✖

Kids driving a WRX are a cop magnet to begin with, add tint and you can be assured of notice.
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/11/2012 10:47 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

My friends kid had a similar situation. He bought a used "gangsta" car. He was driving along and a state cop pulled him over and politely told him about the tinted windows on the car. The kid was sharp enough to explain he recently bought the car and was a broke college kid. There was no fine. He issued an equipment violation which stated he had so many days to remove the tinting and have it verified or he would get a fine.
Add pictures here
✖
On 05/11/2012 10:47 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

yup, young male (presumably Asian, if you are using your real name) driving a STi? That's a cop magnet. Hope your son is good at staying legal. Not saying that it's RIGHT, mind you, but I'm thinking the perception of a lot of officers are that your son is a fast and furious wannabe, so he's got to be extra careful as opposed to if he were driving something like... um... well, I'm trying to think of something that a young male would want to drive that wouldn't be a cop magnet. a Jeep, maybe. (but then you'll have to watch your tires/fenders, bumper heights, etc. if you ever modify it)
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

I bought a car from out of state. Got it into my state, and that same day I got a ticket for it. The cop had a device to read the darkness of the tint. (That surprised me, because that dont seem like anything that a cop has to deal with more than a few times a year, and his meter looked expensive).
I took it to court, the judge dismissed the ticket since I proved that I had just purchased the car that same day. I asked the judge to provide me with the legal info, telling him that I've never owned another car with tinted windows and did not even know it was illegal. He had someone xerox the legal terms for me, and was understanding about the whole thing.
The law says that the rear windows can be any amount of tint, but the front windows can not be tinted, nor the windshield.
I removed it from the front windows with a razor blade scraper (for painting). I removed the glue with plain gasoline, and some old towels. (Using Safety of course, but doing it outdoors away from buildings and anything that could spark). I left it on the rear windows and drove the car like that for about 8 years before selling the car. When I removed it from those front windows, it had been on the car for years. It really was not all that bad to remove.
Add pictures here
✖
Tony Hwang wrote:

My wife just removed it from numerous windows in a house she inherited. What she did...
1. Pull off as much as possible, even if only the top layer comes off.
2. Spray with a citrus product called "De-Solv-It". That turns the remainder into a gel.
3. Scrape off the gel.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Ok, I just realized that wonderful Google Groups was down when I posted my response so here it is again.
On a hot day spray the inside of the glass with ammonia and place (smooth out the best you can) a black trash bag on the glass/tint. Let it sit in the sun for about 20 minutes. Remove the trash bag and then you should be able to peel off most of the tint after starting one of the edges (corners) with a single edge razor blade. Whatever is left can be removed by spraying with ammonia and scraping with single edge razor blades. Clean with glass cleaner when done.
Here's a video on how it's done.
You can ignore most of part one all he is doing is cutting the bag so it will fit the glass perfectly. Skip up to the 3:20 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxu516xRPs8

Part two shows how it's done. Like I said do it on a hot day or at least have the sun hitting the piece of glass that you are removing the tint from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJAhpgs7b4g

Add pictures here
✖
Ron wrote:

After looking at the videos, it occurred to me that before spraying the chemical on the inside of the window, it would be better to already lay down the piece of plastic first. That would allow some of the overspray etc. to land on the plastic rather than on the interior of the car itself. Then pick up the plastic and attach it to the window on the inside.
Add pictures here
✖