After fifteen minutes, Kohler toilet water tank keeps overflowing.

I have a 1.6 liter per flush Kohler toilet - about five years old. This is my problem. After I flush, all goes well. The water tank fills up and stops filling as it's supposed too. This about fifteen minutes later, however, the water tank slightly overfills and thus begins to pour into the overfull hole. This is very gradual. I put a new flapper on it and it is not leaking. Seems like the float level is OK as well because it stops short of overflow when toilet is initially flushed.

What is causing the slow overfilling of the water tank and how can I fix it?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Frank

Reply to
Frank

You may have exceptionally high water pressure, or the "seal" (special rubber washer) in the ballcock may be at end of life. IIRC, Kohler used the Fluid Master ballcock:

If it looks like that, replace the seal.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Bad fill valve. You may be able to replace the internal valve parts, or just replace the whole thing.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

If it is Fluidmaster, you can turn off the water, twist the top half off and turn on the water to try to clean it out. They also sell some replacemnet parts if you don't want to replace the whole thing.

Reply to
Art

you might also want to check the float ball to make sure its still floating.. on one of my old toilets the ball was full of water and heavy as hell and would sink down and not turn the water off as it would not float all the way to the top of the water....

Reply to
dbird