After faucet changed water tastes bad. Why?

Hi,
Recently I replaced my bathroom vanity and faucet. While I was doing it I replaced some of the copper pipes. Now the water from the faucet tastes bad. I've taken the aerator off and ran the water for a while and it still tastes bad.
Any ideas?
Alex

What did you replace the copper tubing with? Plastic tubing could be the source. Or some other changes upstream might be contributing a galvanic or electrolytic action. Then too, are you sure the water supply hasn't changed? Wells and city reservoirs will not be consistent with seasonal changes. Spring run off brings surface debris of all sorts into the systems.
Joe
I don't know if this applies. On new construction when the drinking fountains finally get installed, we usually put a weight on the button to keep them running for days to get the flux and other residues rinsed out. The first few days taste horrible.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
alex wrote:

Does it taste like, uh, melamine?

    More time more water. It should eventually clear up.
alex wrote:

If you've used plastic, it's common for plastic plumbing to leech a lot of tasty stuff when new, depending on that kind of plastic it is. (I think the reason bottled water often has stuff like baking soda added is to cover up the plastic taste.)