Afixing trim to a stucco wall

All,

I am refinishing my basement. The basement has stucco walls on the inside (bleh.) I'd like to put up wood baseboard trim, to match the rest of my house.

How to I attach the trim to a stucco wall? Do I just use a nail gun? (would that even work?) Is there a kind of nail to use? Could I glue it?

Eitheway, if anyone can recommend a product/method, I'd appreciate it.

- Thanks

Todd

Reply to
Todd

Id nail it and use some drywall compound along the top to fill the gaps created between the stucco and board, mask the top of the baseboard so its easier to apply the compound with a taping knife. Then when you paint the wall it will look like the baseboard was actually back-scribed to follow the wall.

Reply to
RickH

Nailing I'm assuming you have some wood or studs behind there to nail into.

Reply to
RickH

Avoid joint compound in my world. Use a Latex Acrylic caulk on the base board.

-- Oren

Oren

You could use Liquid Nails or similar product. One basement wall is concrete so I used the LN and leaned sand bags, paint cans, jugs of water, and anything heavy I could find to brace it. The baseboard has remained in place now for over 12 years.

Reply to
Phisherman