AFCI is buzzing?

I have an AFCI breaker in my panel and it makes a buzzing sound. Turn it off and it does not buzz. I hold the breaker switch and it seems to be better, but not gone. This is my first AFCI breaker, is this normal?
Not much plugged into it. We are still under construction, so nothing in the house yet. Sometimes I have a ChopSaw connected to it. Would having the ChopSaw on an AFCI degrade the breaker any?
Thanks, Scott<-
Scott Townsend wrote:

You are talking about GFCI? Saw is an inductive load. Buzzs without saw plugged in?
No I'm talking about an AFCI (Arc Fault). It is required here in California for bedrooms. Its got a blue reset button instead of a white one.
Pretty sure that it buzzes without it plugged in. Though not 100% I'll go check.
Thanks, Scott<-

Yep, buzz/hums with nothing plugged in. I don't think it did when it was first installed.
They are fricken expensive though... http://www2.sea.siemens.com/Products/Residential-Electrical/AFCI/Combination-Type-AFCI.htm
Retail for $273, though you can get them on the net For $120
Scott<-

Scott Townsend wrote:

http://www2.sea.siemens.com/Products/Residential-Electrical/AFCI/Combination-Type-AFCI.htm
Ouch! I was not thinking. Only way to make sure is to try another one. Those surge sensor inside the breaker is known for that.
Only have the one bedroom in the house. (its a small 840 SqFt cottage) so its the only ACFI I have. At $120 a pop I was not going to run out and get another...
Thanks, Scott<-

Scott Townsend wrote:

It contains a power transformer that may hum (60 or 120Hz). May be normal depending on how loud it is. If it is too loud you may be able to return it.
-- bud--