Advice- Tiling Project (Set time for thinset)

Hello all- I have just finished setting my backerboard in my bathroom and wondered how long I had to let the thinset cure before tiling or if I could just go ahead and start tiling immediately. Thanks in advance.
-Taylor
How did you set the backerboard? If you used thinset and roofing nails then it's probably ready to work over by the time you read this. If in doubt, let it cure over night.
I just did the same thing and I couldn't believe how hard the backerboard stuck down just from dropping it into the thinset. A box of nails later and it felt like a concrete slab.
But, if in doubt then leave it overnight. Why risk it?

Taylor-VA wrote:

Depends. Countertop? A day is plenty. Floor? I'd wait until the thinset is quite set...a week.
--

dadiOH
Taylor-VA writes:

Surely you have a spilled glob to test?