Advice, Please: How do I paint my plaster (?) walls?

Hi,

I need some advice from some experts out there. I want to paint my bedroom walls. Three of the walls are just plain beige walls, smooth; one wall, however, is plaster (I think). It's beige and has this texture to it so it looks like an ocean full of crowded islands, if that makes any sense at all. Can someone please give me advice on how to start painting the walls?

Thanks so much.

Reply to
Mary

That's called "knockdown" texture. It isn't plaster, it's drywall mud. Since it is beige, it has been primed and painted. You repaint it just as you would the others. Depending upon the texture, you may need a roller with a slightly longer nap.

The usual way to paint is to use a brush on the walls at the ceiling and adjacent to any woodwork to paint a band 2-6" wide. You then use a roller to paint the rest. You make that band because you'd slop paint where it shouldn't be with just the roller. When you are rolling, roll a big "W" pattern then cross roll.

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Read the Can Label , Im sure it states ,to Cean it... So follow instructions and dont waste our tine

Reply to
m Ransley

Reading label instructions is one thing, and we can all do that. However, if you're not a "handy" person and are trying something for the first time, you naturally have some doubts about your interpretation of how you read those instructions. If you don't want to take the time to give someone some simple instructions and answer his questions, why are you even here?

Reply to
L Beck