Advice on Rotating Electrical Panel

Page 2 of 2
quksilver wrote:

Sounds doable. Wall space is much cheaper in a living room than in a kitchen. You have more of it and, therefore, greater options.
Just guessing, it should take two people about four hours to perform the change out. You can minimize the effort by doing as much prep work as possible - for example, cutting the hole in the living room, etc.
As to cost, I'd guess between $800 and $1,400 depending on the area of the country, permits, inspections, etc. If you do it yourself, figure $350.
If you can live with the same panel, and you do the work yourself, your out-of-pocket should be close to zero. Remember, you can add breakers to the panel. Even if it's full, they now have half-size breakers so you can essentially double the number without the necessity of a new box.

Panels are designed to hold a definate number of full size, half size, and combination of both types of breakers. Some panels won't accept any half sized breakers

RBM wrote:

Nah. Little extra wire, some wire nuts, Gorilla Glue. Piece of cake.

re: Gorilla Glue. Piece of cake
I tried Gorilla Glue on a piece of cake. I don't recommend it.

It's much better fresh, before it sets up. Like syrup.
sdb
--
What\'s seen on your screen? http://PcScreenWatch.com
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com

Wow! I love this group! Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions. I feel like I understand the options much better and will be able to have a much more intelligent conversation with the electricians. I'll update with what they say and seek request additional input if it seems questionable.
Cheers,

when re doing kiltchens, the fridge stove and sink should be on a 3 point configuration for most efficent function.
like a V shape with things at each point
" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote:

There are a lot of good references to kitchen design, many of which are likely available at a local library. I also recommend using decent design software (Floorplan3D 3D is good, also cheap) to try different layouts and view photorealistic renders of each.