Advice on laminate/hardwood flooring

..""engineered hardwood" has a metal oxide (?) in it. Made my saw blade dull after some / many cuts.

I put in some Mohawk ""engineered hardwood" before. 5/8" thick and went through a used and new blade on the saw. I think they laminate the ply in various directions that stiffen the flooring material.

Tough stuff... Looked great.

Reply to
Oren

I think it's only the topmost finish that's Aluminum oxide (or Cobalthorium-G with just a hint of Kryptonite). And I agree it's plenty tough. We tried scratching it with a nail and abusing it with a wood rasp. Nada.

I'm surprised they don't use it for bowling alleys and roller-skating rinks! Maybe next year.

Reply to
HeyBub