Advice on buying 1/2HP Wayne water pump

Due to the heavy rains in the Northeast last week, all of the pumps were sold out at HD, Lowes, etc. I had gotten water in my basement. Luckily I did manage to borrow a friends submersable pump to help me out. While I was at ACE Hardware last night, I noticed they had gotten some more pumps in. I saw this one from Wayne pumps for $150:
http://www.waynepumps.com/prodlist.asp?pcode=PC4
It moves 1400GPH and although it is not submersible, it does have an inlet hose which I can attach a regular garden hose and move anywhere. I was wondering if anyone had this pump and what they thought about it?
Mikepier wrote:

We've used similar Wayne pumps on the farm for years---one primary use was a setup (before the drain field was installed) as a septic overflow tank pump set up to a level switch would last years...the ones we had have replaceable bearings but normally it would be impeller wear that would finally be the end of them. I tried replacing them once but there was sufficient casing wear as well that it wasn't nearly as effective so I've never bother trying to repair one since. Altho w/ now having a drain field installed, they remaining are simply for occasional use so will probably last my lifetime or more....
In short, I have no adverse data...

PITA. Once primed it was pretty good. Unless you have a specific or urgent need, I would hold out for a submersible.
I don't have a cellar, but my parents do. So, I bought a sump pump, from www.harborfreight.com which was $40, and says it's half horse power. Another couple bucks, and it's adapted to garden hose. With a wye, and I can discharge through two parallel hoses to increase flow.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.