Advice: Easiest way to remove Stapled Cedar Shingles?

3 August 2003 7:57 AM
I am in the process of reroofing my house with cedar shingles. The previous ones were secured using staples. To say they are hard to remove is an understatement. The spade technique used with large headed roofing nails does not work on staples. Do I just persevere and remove them one by one or is there an easier technique?
Cheers...Gerry