Adventures in home ownership

Page 2 of 2
On 1/9/2015 12:37 PM, Todd wrote:

This happened in my area with one of the metropolitan area's main sewer lines transporting sewage from the northern suburbs down to the sewage treatment plant. The break went undiscovered for months until the leakage finally caused a big sinkhole to open up near a busy intersection. That was about a year ago, and they're still working on the project, 'cause it turns out a lot more of the pipe was rotted and needs replacing. In the meantime, the temporary sewer lines are on the ground while they clean up the contaminated soils and install new lines.
The people living in the immediate vicinity have had to live with the stench all these months. Poor folks - I hold my breath whenever I drive through that intersection.