ADT etc. Video Surveillance to Computer

Hello
Will someone please tell me how to get my pictures running on the computer instead of the TV? All wehave right now is BNC connectors and video connectors, and, of course, DVR setup for TV.
Thank you.
Truly
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 06:26:27 -0700, Harry wrote:

Video capture device on you PC with the proper adapters/connectors. Be aware that incoming video can consume huge amounts of hard drive space unless it has been compressed by the sending device.
http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,1874,396324,00.asp

I think he means how to use his computer as a display monitor., right? They sell VGA-to-video adapters, It converts the video from your security equip to VGA signal for your computer monitor. they are about 65-70 dollars online.
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:52:40 -0700, Mikepier wrote:

Hmmm, so he wants to use the monitor from his PC without going through the PC? He'll need some way to switch it back and forth like a kvm switch right? Maybe I've got a brainfart here :)

Hello,
Would a video-capture card, with TV capture (whatever), do it? In other words everything is on the DVR-with-harddrive. 4 cams can be broken down to 4 little squares, instead of one cam at a time showing on the tv screen (so it sounds as if it can reduce the picture size (resolution?)), and can i get all that onto the computer with a TV etc. card? So i guess the question shouldhave been: how do i get what is on the DVR to play on the computer instead of the TV? I donot want to remove it all together from the TV; just once in a while, because of the things you can do with the computer as far as pictures go, and the visual is much better.
Truly